Creating the High-Performance Building
Discover ways to utilize LEED and other building efficiency standards.
APS is offering a full-day training event as part of our Energy Efficiency Technical Training series. Join U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Arizona Chapter Founder and President of Green Ideas, Charlie Popeck, for a technical seminar to address high-performance building design and how to use the LEED Green Building Rating System as a tool to achieve an energy efficient building. This session will provide a comprehensive view of the green building industry in addition to focusing on the reasons for creating a high-performance building and the details necessary to achieve optimum energy efficiency.
Session participants will explore:
- How to save money through integrative design
- Energy saving strategies for your design
- Current green building industry trends and green building programs
- Which green building programs are voluntary and which are mandatory
- Differences between rating systems
- How to minimize uncertainty and errors related to high-performance buildings
- Why and when building commissioning is required
- Strategies for communicating high-performance building benefits to clients
- What rebates are available for energy efficient practices
Registration: 7:30 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix
320 N. 44th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Cost Per Class
$150 general public
50% discount for APS commercial customers and Trade Allies
(includes breakfast, lunch and snacks)
Please note: Invoicing is only available to APS governmental customers or by pre-approval. All unapproved invoice requests will be considered unpaid, and the registration will be void.
Laptops are suggested for this training. If you would like to request a laptop for use during the workshop, please contact Patti Najarian.
All attendees will receive a certificate of class participation.